Presidente del Directorio / Director Ejecutivo
Asociación de Bancos Privados del Ecuador
PhD In Management and Economics at LancasterUniversity Management School (UK)
Master in Business
IDE Business School, Quito (Ecuador)
Bachelor of science in Business Management/Int. Commerce UDLA, Quito.
Bachelor in Economics, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Teaching fellow and member of the “Microeconomics of Competitiveness” network, created by Michael Porter and Harvard Business School (from 2008 to present)
• Research Director at IDE Business School. (from 2008 to 2012)
• IDE´s economic monthly magazine director (from 2003 to 2012)
• Full-time lecturer at IDE Business School (managerial economics and competitiveness). (From 2006 to present).
• Consultant for the Ecuadorian Government in projects related to Competitiveness and industry analysis (various projects).
• Host of the TV Show “Perspectiva TV”on Cable (available at www.youtube.com/pradojj) from 2008 to 2009.
• Magazine EKOS, economic editor (1998 to 2000)
CASE STUDIES AND TECHNICAL NOTES (written for IDE Business School graduate programs)
• Case: The diamond market illusion (2007).
• Case: The Market for lemons and other imperfections (2007).
• Simulation: Fixing Prices in the Pharmaceutical Market (2008).
Supply and Demand:
• Case: Expectations in Ecuador during the summer of 2007 (2008)
• Case: Moratec, the optimal price and quantity dilemma (2009).
• Teaching Note: Widespread economic doubts (2007).
• Case: The NINJA Crisis (2009)
• Exercise: National accounts and our “Dutch disease”
Recognized by “America Economía” magazine as one of the 15th best lecturers among Latin-American Business School in 2012.
Winner: PhD research competition at Lancaster University Management School (July-2012).